Ah, Fridays. The day before the weekend when most everyone’s mind is focused on wrapping things up and heading out for two days of play. Except the boss, who is still thinking about how to improve sales, get better margins and keep everyone focused for the last eight hours of the week.
But Friday doesn’t have to be a lost day. In fact, it can be a productive day when you find ways to make it great.
So, why is Friday great?
- It’s a good day to celebrate the week’s work with staff. As you wrap up the week, letting everyone know what was accomplished is a good morale booster and reminder of what hard work can accomplish. Fridays are the worst day for meetings, so keep it short or go individually to each person on your team.
- It’s a good day to clean out the week’s rubbish – emails, papers that pile up on the desk, things that were postponed until there was “more time.”
- Have a Friday special for your customers. It doesn’t have to be “Black Friday” to draw business in. You can have an “Awesome Friday” with the right promotion. I love the “Free Ride Friday” promotion conducted by the $100MBA podcast.
- Friday can be the gateway to a weekend-long marketing promotion, especially for retailers, bars and restaurants. Start your sales on Friday, or open up promotions for your best customers a day early.
- In an office? Give your employees something interesting to do on Friday – teach them networking skills, bring in a guest speaker, buy ice cream or pizza – just keep it light.
What’s your favorite way to make Fridays a great day for business? Share it here!